The Gondola 12"x12" $225.00framed


I like this 12x 12 format although finding frames that size is challenging. Did find some at Gardenridge--sometimes with art included but usually just prints so take them out and pop in the painting. I am sort of skipping around on subject matter lately. But to me the goal is to improve on color, edges ,value, and shape so what ever subject helps me do that is what is important. I think I need to improve on blocking in large areas of color and yet keep them interesting--that was a problem I had with the last cow painting-how to keep all that snow area from being boring. I didn't think the painting was much of a sucess in that area so next I will work on that. This gondola painting was mostly about values and working in two major colors-orange and blue green.

Comments

Popular Posts