Lone Star Night 6"x12" 165.00

I love the design of this painting.  It has such beautiful shapes.  The verticality of the Friendship sculpture is repeated in the verticality of the umbrella poles and the tall building in the background. Then the horizontal lines are there in the bridge and the tables of the outdoor seating.  Tieing it all together is the circular shape formed by the arch of the bridge and the fencing around the tables. I didn't make up these shapes.  They are all there if you look.  But as an artist I do manipulate the lines and colors to lead your eye through the painting..  One example would be that i added that row of lights along the top of the bridge to emphasize its horizontal pull.  I also pretty much invented the candle light on the tables because they add a glow that relates back to the stars in the sky--it all helps to unite the background with the foreground while the various shapes make it interesting--I hope!

Comments

Popular Posts