Gallery at La Villita







The Susan Carlin Studio and Art Gallery at La Villita is now open!! It was a real push to get it ready for last night, but a convention of 2000 dermotologists having a party right outside our front door was too good to pass up. Susan was running on empty after working so hard on all the millions of things she had to get done, but she managed to stay vertical and even talk to people--she is an exceptional artist as well as an exceptional person. I feel so thrilled to be a part of this adventure and want to do all I can to make it a success. I met Mary Sheppard (the other artist--there are just the 3 of us). She does oils and watercolor. She is not a portrait artist unless you consider portraits of old cars and barns. She puts so much character into them that they really are like portraits!






Please come by and visit with us and watch us paint. I will be there every Friday. Mary will be there on Wednesdays and Susan will be there on all the other days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! I'm the first one to comment! All I want to say is, "GO girl!"
Anonymous said…
I Cant wait to take a little jog down to San Antonio to see the new gallery. Sophia is going to start going to a sitter one day a week, so maybe I will find a good "ding" on Southwest Airlines and invite myself :)
Good luck with every minute of this new venture. Love Bobbye
Anonymous said…
If I send a picture of Thomas...(finally) will you have time to create a drawing? His birthday is April 1st.
Carol Marine said…
Great paintings, Pamela! Best of luck in your new gallery. Be sure to check out the Salon International show at the Greenhouse Gallery in April. I've been the last 2 years and the work is a true inspiration!
Susan Carlin said…
Thank you for your kind words, Pam!
It's a pleasure getting to look at your beautiful paintings at the gallery. I consider myself very lucky to have you involved, truly.
Karen Jensen said…
Congratulations! Here's to a successful collaboration! It is great to see how much you three gals enjoy each other and how well your art works together.

Popular Posts