Dudash workshop


This is a portrait study i did after taking the Michael Dudash workshop at the Coppini last week. I had a terrible cold and felt pretty lousy during the workshop, but listened and watched and learned. I especially appreciated that he didn't have a "magic bullet" for making good art. It takes alot of work! My biggest lesson was to establish your lightest and darkest value from the very beginning. In his demos, he spent most of his time getting the right value and color relationships set. Then the drawing part and building of highlights went pretty fast on top of that basic design and value structure. It takes discipline to not plunge into the details too fast. I'm pretty happy with this painting and happy to see I have not lost my touch with the human face--just another set of shapes really.

Comments

Popular Posts