Red! 12"x12" $195.00


I really had fun with this still life! The red actually became like a neutral color after awhile. I have to do some more of these-next will be a study in yellow and purple.
I have entered this painting in The Daily Painter's Challenge. There is no prize or ribbon. it is ,however, a wonderful opprotunity to network with other artists. Each week they post a challenge-this week it is a color challenge. other weeks it may be a challenge to paint a certain subject matter or all work from the same photo. The artists can also offer the paintings for sale if they wish. So if you are interested in this particular painting or any of the paintings on my blog-simply leave a comment or write to me at maclarksy@yahoo.com. I have added the dailypaintworks.com link for your convenience. Look under Artists I Like.

Comments

Mary Douglas said…
Very lively and warming. Great composition and drawing. I admire your skills very much.
Pragya Tiwari said…
The choice of red makes the still life so dramatic! It is beautiful..I just LOVE it :)
It is beautiful.Love your choice.
Steph said…
this is really nice! I am loving looking through all your past posts, I love how you show us a little bit of the process. I've started usingre oils about a 9 months ago and it has been a roller coaster. Getting a glimpse of your works in progress along really helps me-- thanks for the inspiration!! Stephanie

Popular Posts